If you have a diploma or degree in agriculture or environmental science from outside of Canada, and you wish to apply for registration, you will need to provide the following:

  • Official transcripts (colour-preferred, including front and back, if photocopied or scanned) from all international post-secondary educational institutions. If your transcripts are not in English, you may be asked to provide a translated copy.
  • Original Specialized IQAS (International Qualifications Assessment Service) assessment OR Course-by-Course WES (World Education Services) assessment on diploma(s) or degree(s). Please be aware these assessments may take several months. Click here for more information.
  • Proof of ability to work in Canada - such as a permanent resident card or work permit (colour-preferred, including front and back, when photocopied or scanned).

In Alberta, regulated members practicing agrology are either Professional Agrologists (PAg) or Registered Technologists in Agrology (RTAg). Those enrolled in the In-Training Program are registered as Agrologists In-Training (AIT) or Agrology Technologists In-Training (ATT). To find out more about these designations, click here. The educational requirements for admission to Alberta Institute of Agrologists is here.

Click Here to Apply