The In-Training program is a requirement for all newly registered members of the Alberta Institute of Agrologists (AIA). New In-Training members are granted one of two professional designations: Agrologist In-Training (AIT) OR Agrology Technologist In-Training (ATT). The In-Training program must be completed before the full designation of Professional Agrologist (PAg) OR Registered Technologist in Agrology (RTAg) can be granted. In-Training members are registered professionals who must practice under the direct supervision of a qualified registered professional.
The In-Training program is intended to prepare the AIA member for competent, independent and ethical practice.
- Completion of the four mandatory in-training courses
- Attendance (at least once during the in-training period) at an annual AIA AGM and Conference
- Completion of required years of Canadian agrology-related work experience
- Submit a proposed Practice Area
- Submit three Professional references, at least one being a Professional Agrologist or Registered Technologist in Agrology
- Submit an updated resume
- Maintain their annual CCP requirements during the In-training period
Should you have any questions about the In-Training program, please contact the AIA office .