Work experience allows the professional to put educational training into action. Work experience is the application of formal post-secondary education that further develops the skills and abilities to ensure competent practice.

Work experience must be agrology-related work activities and earned after post-secondary graduation. For example, you earned a diploma or university degree, worked in agrology-related activities for two years and then applied for membership, those two years will be counted as work experience. At least one year of Canadian work experience is required to obtain a RTAg or PAg designation in Alberta.

The amount of work experience that is required is dependent upon the member’s educational training. The required years of work experience to transition from ATT to RT(Ag) or AIT to PAg is as follows:

●  Two year diploma
●  Three year applied degree
●  Full four year degree
●  Master’s degree
●  Masters + PhD
5 years’ experience
4 years’ experience
3 years’ experience
2 years’ experience
2 years’ experience